Lakeside lodges: offering stunning holiday accommodation
Welcome to Lakeland Lodges, a stunning selection of privately owned lakeside lodges situated close to the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales National Parks, Morecambe Bay and two areas of outstanding natural beauty: Forest of Bowland, and, Arnside and Silverdale.
Our lodges are part of the 5* rated South Lakeland Leisure Village with its beautiful lake and grounds, which have won David Bellamy Conservation Gold Awards. You are welcome to use the site’s indoor pool, take time out in the steam room, work out in the gym, or wind down with a therapy treatment. And the on-site restaurant, with is Mediterranean, Indian and Italian favourites, makes the most of its lakeside location by also offering al fresco dining in the warmer months.
Choose the perfect lakeside lodge for your next holiday
We’re a family-run company and pride ourselves on providing a friendly and personal service. If you have any questions about which lodge would best suit you, please do get in touch and we’ll be happy to advise.
Here’s a quick overview of some of our favourite lodges on the edge of the lake…
Lodges that sleeps 4 – 6
The benefits of choosing a lodge by the lake with Lakeland Lodges
- Sunrise: our guests regularly tell us that they have enjoyed an early start to catch the sunrise, it’s an incredibly peaceful time of day by the lake.
- Sunset: we find that a sundowner on the deck is a very agreeable way to watch the sun as it sets over the lake, and we highly recommend some of the locally available gins for the purpose.
- The wildlife: guest reviews of their stays often reference the wildlife here, from the ducks and swans on the lake to the herons who pass by and help themselves to lunch.
- The fishing: fishing enthusiasts will enjoy the pike fishing on offer here at the lake, and even if you don’t land anything, the surroundings are a great compensation.
- The lodges: if the weather isn’t on your side every day, some of the lodges closest to the lake have floor to ceiling windows so you can still enjoy the changing light over the water as you relax indoors.
Reviews of our lakeside lodges
We know we are biased in our view of the accommodation and the location, but we’re happy to say that the guests we welcome also fall in love with the lodges, the lake, and the facilities on offer:
“Just returned from a 3-night stay in the Serenity Lodge, complete with hot tub – absolutely loved it. The views over the lake with the full-length windows when you walked into the lounge in a morning was overwhelming, and to sit on the balcony and watch the bird and fish activity was amazing. It’s so peaceful and very clean, will definitely go again but would prefer to live there permanently. Just check out the website and get booking.”
Valerie, Manchester (July 2017)